Have you dreamed of being part of a rapidly growing European market leader? Then we should talk.
Who we are
BauWatch Group is the European leader in temporary security solutions and has grown rapidly over the past 10 years with a current year-over-year growth around 30% p.a.
As Europe’s #1 in the industry, we provide monitored surveillance-services to customers primarily in the construction and civil engineering industry by combining our ruggedized monitoring towers, our own in-house software and our leading end-to-end operations (incl. service and logistics) with remote monitoring to protect our customers’ assets.
BauWatch has disrupted the market for temporary security, which we still see as blue-ocean opportunity in most European countries. Backed by a leading purpose-driven investor and with teams already present in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France and the UK, we’re now expanding to Poland and four more countries.
We are looking for a Service Engineer (m/f/d) based in Łódź.
As a Service Engineer in our core first-in-country team, you are a cornerstone to ensure smooth operations. You will have the right technical knowledge to analyze and resolve any issues that might arise with our products when they’re on site – whether that’s at set up, or during the period of hire. You’ll work closely with the Managing Director Poland and other members of the Operations Team to attend to customer’s queries, both remotely using our innovative technology, or out on site. Your role is key to delivering our brand promise of outstanding customer satisfaction and service, so a customer-focused attitude is imperative!
What are your responsibilities and duties?
- Detecting and diagnosing malfunctions or technical problems and determining the right solution, both on location and remotely. Apply standard solutions in case of malfunctions, but also come up with solutions in case of complex technical problems where standardised solutions are not sufficient.
- Delivering and setting up our rapid deployment CCTV security systems (e.g. on construction sites).
- Performing all common types of periodic maintenance and carry out inspections of installations in accordance with the applicable standards
- Managing the local stock supplies for your geographical area, including the timely ordering of necessary materials for the work to be carried out. Ensure order and cleanliness at the workplace and in the service car/truck.
- Keep up-to-date the necessary professional knowledge through self-study and participation in training sessions.
- When not performing core functions you will be working with team members to support the ongoing activities at the local operations hub in Łódź.
- Technically skilled problem-solver: Experience of using tools and technology to achieve results and get problem fixed in the most efficient & effective way.
- Independent and eager to learn: Able to carry out your own work properly and solve problems without supervision from others. You should be open to learn independent of your industry background (if any), e.g. staff with a background in the events industry has been a successful match in the past.
- Quality-oriented: Committed to achieving and maintaining the intended quality. Strives for improvement. Convinces others of the importance of quality.
- Flexibility: Can easily adapt to a changing environment, working methods, working hours, tasks, responsibilities and behaviours of others.
- Team player: Promotes mutual open communication and relationships. Supports others.
- Customer focus: Listens to the wishes and needs of the customer and adapt working method accordingly. Prioritise service and client satisfaction.
- Friendly: Ability to be an active part of a fast-growing team with an ‘all hands on deck’ approach
- Engineering degree: Preferably training in electrical engineering or (some) knowledge of the operation of IP addresses and/or (computer) networks.
- Divers license: Full, valid driving license
- Happy to travel around Poland: Some overnight stays will be required (paid expenses and overtime)
- Languages: Native Polish speaker, advanced (conversational) English skills
- Ability to use technology: General ability to use MS Office programs
- Preferably experience or interest to visit construction sites:
- Previous experience of work in a construction environment (or as technician in event/entertainment space seeking to requalify)
- Ideally TPC certification
What we offer
- A challenging role with a high degree of freedom and flexibility as part of a disruptive and fast-growing international business
- As member of the first team on the ground in Poland, you will define standards and operating procedures.
- Opportunity to develop towards a position as Operations Manager (or similar leadership role) in the future.
- Extensive training (fully paid) at one of our existing hubs in Europe (e.g. UK, Germany or Netherlands)
in the first month
- A very attractive remuneration package with bonus scheme and other benefits
Are you interested?
Then quickly apply by submitting a short cover letter (incl. salary expectations) and your CV. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out as well, you can reach Ruud at +31 6 20172020 or email@example.com.